The scheme includes training, consultancy, e-learning and software to enable institutions to implement an environmental management system. Progress towards ISO14001:2015 is recognised through four phases: Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum.
Go to EcoCampus
EcoCampus is the environmental management scheme for higher and further education.
EcoCampus provides a structured framework to manage your institution’s sustainability performance in logical steps, in line with the international management system standard, ISO14001:2015. Whether you are a university, college or institution the EcoCampus Scheme can help you develop, implement and maintain an environmental management system in line with the international management system standard, ISO14001.
EcoCampus offers a flexible, phased approach to implementing an environmental management system for the higher and further education sector. Participants gain recognition at each stage of the process through a series of awards - bronze, silver, gold and platinum.
This approach lends itself to the complex nature of institution's enabling you to implement an EMS at your own pace. The platinum award conforms with the requirements of the international environmental management standard ISO 14001. The scheme provides training, consultancy, e-learning and software combined with third party verification via our UKAS accredited partner NQA.
The Scheme includes:
- Training workshops to help implement the scheme and additional CPD workshops in specific areas of environmental management.
- Networks to discuss best practice and exchange ideas.
- Comprehensive guides and manuals Software applications to assist with operation of the management system (e.g. a full document control system with pre-written templates).
- Consultancy support including one to one sessions.
- External audits and training delivered in partnership with NQA.
At every phase you will receive online/telephone support, access to training workshops, written resources and an external audit and report. In addition, at the Platinum and Continuation Phases EcoCampus fees are inclusive of ISO14001 audits, undertaken by the UKAS accredited certification body, NQA.
Workshops for all phases of the scheme are held throughout the year and provide a good opportunity for participants to network with like-minded people from other institutions. Anyone from the institution can attend and there are no additional costs. Lunch is provided too! The workshops typically run from 10am to 4pm and comprise of a combination taught sessions, themed discussions and group exercises to help participants develop their EMS.
The EcoCampus Team are available to support our participants through the process of implementing an EMS. We aim to provide institutions with the knowledge, know-how and resources to implement and maintain an EMS. We are happy to conduct online meetings or simply discuss the EMS over the phone. We can help our participants by:
- Conducting online training sessions on the requirements of the EMS clauses;
- Reviewing procedures and documentation;
- Providing advice on EMS related queries;
- Providing advice and support relating to environmental legislation;
- Reviewing progress towards implementing the EMS.